Arbroath High School has a long and proud history providing education and learning in Arbroath for hundreds of years. Its origins are in the setting up of a Burgh Grammar School in the early 1560’s. By 1860 there were three schools in Arbroath competing for pupils and these were amalgamated in 1861 to create the High School of Arbroath and the name dates from this time. The original Arbroath High School was too small and deficient in accommodation and facilities and in 1895 a handsome, new Jacobean style building was opened which expanded and grew over the next 90 years until it too was superseded.
The current Arbroath High School building and campus opened in 1985 and offers S1 to S6 pupils a broad curriculum leading to Nationals, Highers and Advanced Highers in the context and setting of excellent facilities and accommodation adjoining a Sports Centre and sitting at the heart of the community in the West of Arbroath. The School offers a wide range of extra-curricular activities and opportunities to participate in sports at school, local and national level. The Arbroath High School learning community benefits from a very supportive wider community of parents, carers, former pupils and staff as well as many others and is proud to be a part of the history and future of Arbroath.
We are developing our new website over the next year and our goals in this development phase are to reflect and report the School in all its diversity, varied learning experiences and activities; to make the website an effective learning resource linking to other learning sources and resources; to facilitate and improve communication with pupils, parents, carers and the community.
Acting Head Teacher
S5/6 Prelim Exams
© 2016 Arbroath High School